I love this breakfast any time of the year, but especially reach for it when I'm wanting to feel cleaner and lighter. It only takes me 5 minutes to prepare!
The apple and flaxseed meal are great colon cleansers. The spices are grounding and also work to stimulate digestion. Ginger gives it a little kick. Ginger also has the most amazing healing properties, including: it's an anti-inflammatory, it stimulates digestion, reduces gas, improves absorption and assimilation of nutrients, and the list goes on!
If you eat this without adding the yogurt or almond butter and notice that you're pretty hungry in a few hours, try adding the protein next time as that will help tie you over until lunch!
Warm Spiced Apple Bowl
· 1 chopped apple
· 1-inch chopped or grated ginger (powdered is ok too)
· cinnamon & cardamom
· 1 T. flaxseed meal or flaxseed oil
· 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil
· 1 T. plain yogurt, almond butter, or Soom Tahini (the BEST!!)
· raisins and/or walnuts (optional)
1. Put a tsp of ghee or coconut oil in a pan over med-low heat and let it melt.
2. Add a generous shake of cinnamon, cardamom as well as the grated ginger. Simmer until
3. Add the apple, stir until apple is coated with spices & oil. When apple starts to soften, add the
flaxseed meal and 1-2 T. water.
4. Stir until well mixed and everything is heated and soft.
5. Top with a spoonful of yogurt or almond butter if you wish. Enjoy!
Real Living Yoga
Logo Designs: Joelle Bolt
What real living clients have to say